TALE OF BROKEN PROMISES



Relationship is a bond which keeps people together, a mutual appreciation and understanding between persons or things. It is usually solidified with promises exchanged on trust. Relationship is categorized severally, but I am talking of that which exists between man and woman. I am going to be factual as I can be, and hope you can pick few things from the moral of my narration.
I have been in several relationships as I grew up, but there’s always the very few that seemed promising and stays in the heart even though the hands of time can never be reversed. To be honest I had such a relationship at the very early stage of my youthfulness, when I was just stepping out from teen.  It was like the Usher, Alicia keys narrative duet, my boo. Sometimes it seems like no one woman is made for just one man as another brother is ever ready to take over.
Do sisters waste time in moving unto the next one either? Hmm! Ironically, it always starts like it will never end. Just like a beautiful cake, forgotten after eaten? Hell no, the memory stays. How well it tastes in most cases determines the later tale. How ever, broken promises will ever be remembered, which further hurts the principle of trust in relationships.

Back then when the best seller movie, Titanic was trending, and I was just getting healed from a broken heart, yes, I felt betrayed by a friend who I trusted and confided in every step I was taking concerning my newly found affection. Jeeze, it happened like magic. I lost out even though I never took it to be a contest.  How ever I walked out with my head high, a dignified hero as I found another friend.

Just as I was getting stabilized, there came my most celebrated romantic tale. It was like my romantic rise and fall, ever stretching arms to be lifted, a hand writing yet to be erased. The relationship was admired by many, sacrifices were involved, promises were made, and it became a true life story with tragic fiction, established in my world of thoughts as Romance in the cemetery. With dues respect to what I ever felt for any other person, I will categorically refer my other relationships as minor.

Before I go further, I will like to acknowledge how it worked for me. I never struggled to be in my most memorable relationships. They just happened just by me making normal calculative moves after I have received the I like you signal. On the contrary, every time I try to make someone love me, it never worked out. I still get loved though, but it is usually an experience which controls it own timing like mentioned above. I have gotten moments with few ladies, but it seems I have not had another ceremonious relationship, capable of pulling out those promises usually made eye balls to eye balls. Could it be that romance is finding it hard locating me or is it that I’m having a difficult time in keeping them? This is a question many should ask because neXt to X is becoming a culture, and broken promises are becoming the foundation of so many X thing. Deep down inside my heart, I fear that many married people wish to be able to draw the mark X easily. If not, can one explain how beautiful it seems at the beginning and takes only matter of time to turn cold?

If truth be told, marriage no longer  seem to be a test of love, but the union of two people who goes into a matrimonial shield to acquire a place of honour , as well as making a family. No wonder they are ready to accept the better and the worst which they individually refused in several relationships. Still trying to visualize the sense in it. 

Back to myself; I have been with youthful girls and have also been with full grown ladies. The major difference is the experiment and the real practical. How long the experiments which the teenagers assume to be the real thing last determines the lent of the romance. In most cases, experience works against the free flow of the grown ladies in appreciating male advances. This is because they have to access, download, upload, analyze, in view of knowing what they want,  comparing their past experience with what present is offering, having prejudice to deal with. Aww! How sure can they ever be? Definitely, all the judgment materials in their head have failed most times in keeping relationships secured for long as the distance comes so fast. When the pressure of personal interest come calling, the bridge of trust get broken.

I dated few girls in their late teenage age and I can say they judge less on what is available materially, but how being with a guy makes them feel until the feel something new as they grow. The last young girl I dated discovered something new when she went for post UME. Hmm! Coming back she felt wiser. Wow! So you can imagine if I was actually the one who bought her the Jamb form, lol! I also dated a mother of two years old who was not working as at then. May be she just needed to be with someone and I guess I’m glad it was me. At some point, I was worried I was not giving her enough to retain her loyalty. How ever, my fear was getting confirmed when she became distracted, and amounted to one conclusion that she was trying to make up for what  I could not provide for her. Why should I blame her any way, she has a son to take care of while processing to study abroad. Few other crushes here and there which did not materialize into an experience I would like to write about.

No doubt, it was going to be another romantic show-down as I found my self falling this time. Worst of it, falling into a hand that was not ready to catch me due to the earlier discussed issues; ladies with many X and much experience has much judgmental materials. I tried all I could to exhibit love, for where? At first meeting, I was scaled and a judgment was passed. God help, it was not in my favour, but I was persistent. When I finally got a yes, there was only but an atmosphere that made it sustenance difficult and ultimately impossible. Environmental and mentality barriers, no thanks. Guess what, that relationship finally hit the rock on a Valentines Day (Feb. 14th) which ironically turns out to be my best valentine after many years. Simply put, someone else was there to make me feel the negative impact of the break-up less.
 Call it love or what ever; it was fun and a ride to some where at least. Now I’m here again wondering why Xs (Y-Xes) It is a tale of broken promises we made not because we never wished to fulfill them. Sometimes we were just never sincere from the onset as some relationships are like a journey in which what you see on the way determines the direction. No one is ever certain where it leads even with a great determination to take a lead. At the back of our minds, there are personal standards which also determine how far we can go. Women always want to be sure; men always want to get to some where despite the sign of road to no where. Selfishness on both sides comes in through different unforeseen directions. . More so not wanting to be seen as divorcees. The desire for the better never end; reason for many broken promises.
Even in marriages, there is a point when the couples walk in part-ways with a mutual determination to stay together as bounded by their vow, just hanging in there until death set someone free

8 comments:

Chyoma said...

Treeze you are one of a kind

Nedu said...

Obviously he is....

Anonymous said...

Treeze this is creative

Juliet said...

Hmmm, Treeze, this your story get as e be o!

Anonymous said...

A writer in deed! But is this really a true life story or a fiction? I'm curious, I really want to know.

Anonymous said...

Hmm! This is serious!

Edith said...

Treeze, your life is really a book and I have just learn a lot from it

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm!